We're Here for You American Electric Power is committed to the health and safety of our customers, communities and employees as we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more×
Diversity & Inclusion
you bring distinct skills and insights to aep based on all of your characteristics, talents and life experience.
our diversity initiatives include education programs, diversity-related events and activities, employee resource groups (ergs) and more – all designed to attract and retain a diverse mix of employees. aep's employee resource groups (ergs) provide a wide range of communities where you can connect with other employees who share your interest in a common aspect of diversity. find your group(s), get involved and help us make a difference!
diversity makes us stronger and, together, we manifest aep’s values and goals.
Employee Resource Groups
our employee resource groups (ergs) support aep’s goals by providing a way to exchange new ideas to build awareness, respect and inclusiveness in the workplace. they sponsor a variety of events that strengthen communication and make aep a respected and desirable place to work.
ERGs at AEP
- Abled and Disabled Allies Partnering Together (ADAPT)
- African-American Employee Resource Group (AAERG)
- Asian-American Employee Partnership (AAEP)
- Hispanic Origin Latin American (HOLA) Employee Resource Group
- Military Veteran Employee Resource Group
- Native American Employee Resource Group (NAERG)
- Pride Partnership